Sunday, November 25, 2007

my dad is here

My dad came to visit me for Thanksgiving. Yesterday he met me at work and we tried to go to this little Bavarian place I thought he’d like, but it was packed, so we headed over to a little family owned Italian place. The food was fair, the service…horrible. We had to ask for the check 4 times. It took longer to get the check than to decide what to eat, order, get our food and eat. But oh well, it’s always good to see ol’ Dad. After that he wanted to see some old bars he used to go to when he lived in the city. We headed to Inner Richmond and walked around before deciding on an old dive bar. This really drunk guy, as in could barely stand up, walked up to me (sitting next to my dad) and asked where I got my good looks from. I told him my dad and pointed to him right next to me. This caught the guy off guard and he left me alone…until my dad went to the restroom. He came up and told me I reminded him of the lion from Wizard of Oz (because of my hair). I said ok, thanks? And my dad came out and we left.



The next day he wanted to go to breakfast so I took him to this amazing place in the Upper Fillmore called the Grove. It reminds me of a lodge at Tahoe. We ate and then he took me to Ikea to get a bookshelf. We got home and put it together, by that time it was dinnertime and we finally got to go to Suppenkuchen (the Bavarian place). It was really good, had a couple beers, he took me home and then he went home. Good to see the Pops.

2 comments:

Lina said...

UN CARO SALUTO DALL'ITALIA
E BUON NATALE ...LINA

Anonymous said...

yelp review that shit girl.